Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Joining a new "Cru"


Well...if you read Kelley and I's last post...you knew we were looking into full time ministry. I wanted badly to go ahead and share where the Lord was leading us but when I was first writing that post...we were not sure if we would be accepted. I'm glad to share with you now that Kelley and I have been officially accepted to join staff with Campus Crusade for Christ!!!

We are soooo excited about joining staff! As many of you probably know...this will be Kelley's second time on staff and I'll be joining her for my first time being on staff with Campus Crusade. "Cru" as we like to call it has been a HUGE part of Kelley and I's lives for a long time now. We both got involved in Campus Crusade early on in college and without a doubt helped us really grow in our relationships with Jesus Christ! I know for me personally...it wasn't until college and the relationships I formed with friends and staff members with Crusade that I really and truly started growing in my relationship with Christ. So we are both so thankful to now say we are a part of this ministry and a part of what God has, is and will continue to do on college campuses across the nation and the world!

I really, really, really wish I could fully explain to all of you how excited we are and how thankful we are to serve such a grace-filled, faithful, sovereign God! Everything I shared in the first post I know happened for a reason and now I can see why He allowed those things to happen! I mean who would have thought losing your job and your new house would be a good thing??? God did!!! :-) Our friend Sara shared a great verse with us in the comments of our last post:

"Trust in the Lord, and do good; dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness. Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart."
- Psalm 37:3-4
Thanks Sara, for sharing that verse with us (Jem & Craig...thanks for the wonderful verse you shared too). I love that verse because that truly reflects Kelley and I's heart. We've had a desire to do something in ministry before we were even married.

Ok.....so if you are wondering what happens now.....here's a quick run down of what is going to happen. Campus Crusade has many different ministries (Campus Ministry, Athletes in Action, Family Life, The Jesus Film Project, just to name a few) but we have decided to join up with "Campus Ministry". What this ministry consists of in a nutshell is spreading the good news of Jesus Christ to as many people as possible on that particular college campus. We will join up with a staff team alread placed at that particular campus and we will get assigned an area of campus to plug into and have a group of guys/girls to disciple and help grow their faith. We will being doing different kinds of outreaches and events often as well. There is much more than that...but that's a start! Kelley and I leave in 3 1/2 weeks for New Staff Training down in Orlando, FL for 5 weeks. Yes, you read that correctly...we leave in 3 1/2 weeks! Crazy to say the least! But I'll talk more about that in our next post (I have to keep you coming back somehow). During our 3rd week of training down in FL we will find out what campus we will be placed at. We are open to wherever God leads us but we are hoping for something not too far from home. So we will see! When we come back from New Staff Training we will come back to Greensboro. We will be working here until we raise 100% of our support. Once we have raised 100%...it's off to the campus! :-) Kelly is going to be able to continue working at Westover Church which is a HUGE PRAISE but I am still looking for work. So if you know anybody willing to hire me for the short-term...please let us know!

"It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed." - Deut. 31:8 (Thanks for sharing Jem & Craig)

2 comments:

4 Dees said...

This is great, great, great news. I am blessed to see the unfolding of God's plan for both of you!

Brandon & Juli

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you both. It's really a perfect fit. I just wish there was a great campus in Greensboro for you, haha. We will certainly miss you! I'll be keeping my ears open for a good job for you Drew. Hey, I'm sure WCA would always let you substitute. :) By the way, we have a blog now- a baby blog, haha. check it out! http://bunchbaby.blogspot.com
-Amy